Add Beverage Container Deposits to Orders
Automatically add and manage a two-level deposit for bottles:
- The first level is for the Container Size
- The second is for the Container Type.
- For each level, there is also a summary deposit.
Why use it?
Perfect for the case where deposits come in components, one for the container type and another for the container volume. A summary deposit can also be applied to all items with a deposit. This allows fine-grained control in inventories with many different deposit types.
How it works
It creates a new custom table that maps items to their first and second level deposits, and another that stores the summary deposits. This allows deposits to be built in three components:
- The summary deposit provides a base that applies to all bottles;
- The first deposit can be applied for the bottle type (glass, aluminium, plastic, etc.);
- The second to the bottle volume (< 1L, <2L, etc.).
When an order is posted:
- Each line is reviewed, and the deposits for the line are added to a running total.
- Once all lines have been considered, the total quantity for each applicable deposit is determined, and a new line is added to the order.
- It continues to manage the deposits as orders are edited and quantities are updated or lines removed.
- Whenever the order is posted the deposits are re-computed and reconciled.
Want to know more?
For more detail, including a short demo video, click through to the Developer's website using the More Info link below.
Based in Ontario, Canada, Poplar provides custom development and automation services. Their focus is building quality customizations to Sage 300 using modern software development techniques and best practices.
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
- These apps were built by the developers named under the app descriptions, and the associated intellectual property vests with them.
- Orchid Systems does not support or provide any warranty for the apps (unless the developer is listed as Orchid Systems).
- Everyone’s requirements and environments differ, so be sure to thoroughly test any apps you acquire before loading them in your live environment.
- These apps are designed to work in conjunction with Orchid Extender (Developer Edition), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed.
- The app developer (via your Sage Solution Provider) can provide you with the full list of requirements for specific apps.