Generate Unique Key
Generates a unique string, based on custom logic, to populate any Sage 300 view field upon insert. This can be used to set custom keys for objects that are either not configurable or insufficiently configurable.
Use Case Example
E.g. generate document numbers based on the properties of the documents themselves.
Consider a case where orders are accepted for three different business lines. The business line for each order is stored in an optional field, but to facilitate selecting and sorting the customer wants the business line reflected in the order number. This customization will set the order number based on the business line when a new order is inserted.
Want to know more?
Click through to the Developer's website using the More Info link below.
Based in Ontario, Canada, Poplar provides custom development and automation services. Their focus is building quality customizations to Sage 300 using modern software development techniques and best practices.
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
- These apps were built by the developers named under the app descriptions, and the associated intellectual property vests with them.
- Orchid Systems does not support or provide any warranty for the apps (unless the developer is listed as Orchid Systems).
- Everyone’s requirements and environments differ, so be sure to thoroughly test any apps you acquire before loading them in your live environment.
- These apps are designed to work in conjunction with Orchid Extender (Developer Edition), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed.
- The app developer (via your Sage Solution Provider) can provide you with the full list of requirements for specific apps.