DML Users are managed from within Orchid's Information Manager suite of productivity tools, which include Document Management Link and Email SmartLink.
There are two types of Orchid User licences
They work differently and unlock different functionality
Note about changes to Orchid Users: At the time of writing (June 2020) we are transitioning from the old Orchid User model to the new DML User & Workflow User model. Until that transition is complete some aspects of the licencing may not operate exactly as described below.
There are 2 types of Orchid User licence, each of which unlocks different Orchid functionality.
Document Management Link (DML) Users - Concurrent
DML User licences are allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis as users sign in to Sage 300, and are released when those users sign out.
Sage 300 users who have been flagged as DML Users, and allocated an available DML User licence, have access to:
- Document Management Link (DML): View lists of documents linked to a Sage 300 screen, open those documents, or add new documents to DML.
- Email SmartLink: Use the Email SmartLink icon on a Sage 300 screen to create an email and paste in a SmartLink (hyperlink) to the active Sage 300 record. (To use the link the recipient of the email also needs to be a DML User or Workflow User).
DML Users are Concurrent ("first come, first served") Licences:
- Each Sage 300 user who requires access to the Orchid functionality described above needs to be flagged as a DML User.
- This is done by selecting Options on the Information Manager tray icon, then ticking the DML User checkbox.
- To enable the functionality, that user also needs to be allocated an available DML User licence.
- There is no limit to how many Sage 300 users can be flagged as DML Users, but only the number of licences purchased will be available for concurrent use.
- Once the available licences have all been allocated, other users will see a 'No Available DML User' message.
- When a DML User signs out of Sage 300 their licence is released and becomes available for another user.
Extender Workflow Users - Named
Workflow User licences are allocated to a specific, named user. You'll need a licence for each person you expect to use Workflow functionality.
A Workflow User license is required for each user who needs access to any or all of:
- Extender Workflow Console: The console lets users monitor workflow instances, drill down for detail, and progress workflows that have been assigned to them.
- Extender Workflow Icons: Where a Workflow Icon has been configured on a Sage 300 screen, use the icon to start or progress a workflow, and to view workflow history.
- Extender Logs: Workflow Users can also access Extender Logs via icons configured on Sage 300 screens to view the detailed history of logged records.
- Remote Action: Use a one-time link in a notification email to progress a workflow via the Remote Action service website, without needing to be logged in to Sage 300
A Workflow User licence is not required to trigger an automatic Workflow (e.g. by updating a record in Sage 300).
Workflow Users also have access to:
- Email SmartLink: E.g. so a participant in a workflow can be easily emailed a link to a relevant Sage 300 record.
Workflow Users are "named user" Licences:
- Each Workflow User licence is allocated to a specific, named user.
- Named users, up to the number of current Workflow User licences, are assigned from within Extender.
- Workflow Users do not need to use a Sage 300 licence if their only interaction with Extender Workflow will be via the Remote Action service.
Document Management Link (DML) Users are managed as part of Orchid's Information Manager suite, so Information Manager needs to be installed and activated.
To make use of the DML User licences Orchid Document Management Link also needs to be installed.
To make use of the Workflow User licences Orchid Extender (Configurator or Developer Edition) needs to be installed.
To makes use of Remote Action a subscription to the Remote Action service is also required.