"Thanks again for introducing me to Orchid Extender…that’s quite an incredible product you have there!"
SCOTT DAVIES, EQUATION TECHNOLOGIES, CA, USA
Facilitate collaboration and enforce business rules with configured alerts and workflows
- Keep people informed with configured alerts and notifications
- Log changes to critical data
- Facilitate real-time integration with other systems
- Automate business processes with custom workflows in Sage 300
- Configure workflows such as approvals of transactions, master files and batches
- Enhance security with system logging
- Works with Sage 300 core modules, but also with any 3rd Party module that has been developed using the Sage 300 SDK
Extender Configurator Features
Alerts and Notifications
Configure which Sage 300 data you wish to monitor:
- Nominate sensitive fields (e.g. credit limits, bank details)
- Decide which operations to monitor (e.g. Insert, Update, Delete)
When a configured event occurs:
- Generate real-time alerts by email to nominated recipients
- Create a Note (Orchid Notes) to attach to relevant Sage 300 screens
Alerts (emails or Notes) use configurable templates. They can show:
- What changed (including pre & post-change values)
- When it changed
- Who changed it
Configure which Sage 300 events you wish to monitor:
- As with Alerts, you can nominate specific View Fields & View Operations
- Enhanced auditing capability on any table, any field, at any time
When a configured event occurs:
- Log details of the change to create an audit trail
- As with Alerts, log entries can show what changed, when it changed, who changed it, and the pre & post-change values
- View change logs directly from Sage 300 without leaving the screen or running reports
- Log entries are stored in the Sage 300 database, so you can write your own reports
- Screen icons can be used to access Extender Logs directly from Sage 300 screens
- Perform context-sensitive drill down into specific changes from the Extender Log
- Track and progress approvals
- Increase auditability on business processes
- Promote business process visibility and transparency
- Workflow templates can be configured and attached to Sage 300 view fields or operations.
- Extender Configurator lets you build up Workflow steps using a range of pre-defined Actions, designed to cater for many common business scenarios.
- Workflows can be started Automatically when a Sage 300 event occurs, or manually using icons on Sage 300 screens.
- Active workflow instances can be viewed and actioned (e.g. Approve or Reject) using the Workflow Console, or via screen icons.
- The Workflow Anywhere App provides a made-for-mobile version of the Workflow Console.
- Workflow Users can also progress actions without being logged in to Sage 300 if you subscribe to the Remote Action service.
Extender can be configured to call an external program when a nominated event occurs within Sage 300.
- Synchronize between systems more efficiently, in real time. Only update data that has changed.
- Call an EDI application when a Sage 300 order is created or modified.
- Extender 2021 requires Sage 300 2021 System Manager, and operates with 3rd Party modules written in the Sage 300 SDK.
- Notes functionality requires Orchid Notes.
- Workflow User licences are required to access Extender Workflow functionality or to access Extender Logs via screen icons.
- Named Workflow Anywhere User licences are required for each Workflow Anywhere App user (in addition to Workflow User licences).
Python is installed as part of Extender. If you have another version of Python installed it has no effect on Extender - Extender will use its own version. (Python is a widely used, general-purpose, high-level, open-source scripting language.)
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
Please contact us directly if your business is in the UK, Europe or other regions not listed here.
North/South/Central America and the Caribbean
Phone: (416) 453-7876
Robert Lavery & Associates
14 Woodway Trail
Toronto, Ontario CANADA M8Y 2B8
A-Plus Software Limited (ID#82011633)
5/F Goldsland Building
22 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Kowloon Hong Kong
Australia and New Zealand Region
Sage Software Australia - Business Management Solutions (ERP & CRM)
Phone: 137 243 (13 SAGE)
Level 11, Zenith Tower B,
821 Pacific Hwy,
Chatswood NSW 2067
Sage South Africa (Pty) LtdPhone: +27 11 304 3000
6th Floor, Gateway West
22 Magwa Crescent
Waterfall 5-lr, Midrand, 2066
Middle East Region
Sage Middle East
Phone: +971 43900180
Office No. 118 Building No.11
Dubai Internet City (DIC)
Dubai, PO Box 500198
United Arab Emirates (UAE)